Extent of Reactions
- Calculate the heat of combustion of liquid isopropyl alcohol from its standard heat of formation.
- For the dissolution of AgCl:
AgCl(s) → Ag+(aq) + Cl-(aq)
ΔH° = 112 kJ/mol and ΔS° = 34 J/K-mol.
If 1.0 mole of AgCl is added to 1.0 L of water at 70°C, will most of the 1.0 mole dissolve or remain as a solid?
Show your work.
- Calculate ΔH°, ΔS°, and ΔG° at 25 °C for the following reactions:
- combustion of methane
- formation of gaseous HCl from its elements
- formation of H3SiCl from its elements [you will need to use bond energies and estimate ΔS°].