- ACS Job Bank
Provides classified and display ads from the two most recent issues of Chemical and Engineering News as well as other online job banks for ACS members.
- Career Builder
Searchable database, updated weekly, of job ads in newspapers all over the US. Can choose newspaper and career area (e.g., science).
- Laboratories and Facilities Funded by the Department of Energy
Descriptions of resources, including internships, academic and postdoctoral partnerships, educational opportunities, and scientific news from National Laboratories such as Lawrence Livermore National Lab, Argonne National Lab, and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Research Associateship Program
Opportunities for postdoctoral research as well as senior research associates at federal laboratories.
- Positions Vacant in Chemistry, Australian National University
Worldwide list of jobs and postdoctoral positions.
Careers and Graduate Programs
- Literature on Careers and Research Opportunities, National Academy of Sciences
Listing of programs and books by the National Academy.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Information on what chemical engineers do (see What are Chemical Engineers?), what to do if you want to pursue engineering, etc.
- Science Online
Published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Some of the online features require a subscription, but news, forums, and columns on career development, the Science Professional Network, and the Electronic Marketplace are free.
Grants and Fellowships
- Research Corporation
A description of the grants made by Research Corporation.
- American Chemical Society
Scholarships, awards, insurance, and grants (including Petroleum Research Fund and Project Seed).
- National Institutes of Health
Funding opportunities, grant policies, award data.
- National Science Foundation
Announcements, proposal guides, and policies.
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
A description of the programs and grants supported by the Foundation.
- Sigma XI, Grants in Aid of Research
Research grants to a maximum of $1,000.
- The Council of Undergraduate Research
Information about membership, programs, publications, and conferences of this predominantly undergraduate organization.